Josef Muller Brockman was born in Switzerland in 1994 and studied architecture, design and history of art at the University of Zurich and at the city’s Kunstgewerbeschule. In the early 1930s years in Switzerland is a leader in the design, popular photography, which are known not long after the 1920s era Swiss Style Graphic so much glory in Basle and Zurich by Brockmann is a co-founder of the Zurich Group, together with Paul and Camille Graeser, Hans Neuberg Lehse Rishard.
Swiss Style occurred during the last World War 2 on the influence of the Bauhaus Foundation-Constructivism and De Stijl, which is to use a grid continues to be well received and be combined with the use of new technique to decorate the editing photo (photo montage) in addition to the development of printing, it has opened a new channel-and to the designers. In this era of plenty, but what makes the new graphic design in Switzerland during the era of 50 world’s distinctive style has become during the age of 70 with similarities related to basic typography model is very much as this style with a clear point.
- Work will focus on the Headline and Sub headline Sans serif text font is often used, where the popular font is Hass Grotesk Nue and it was subsequently developed as Helvetica.
- Use the grid as a basis to calculate the mathematical elements.
- Max Bill was studied at the Bauhaus and later on went to study in Swiss. His job was calculated which related to a graphic semiotics.
- It focuses on the positive/negative space to organize the paper to the left so that it looks simple.
- Hermann Zapf was born in Germany and he has given birth to the Palatino font developed from the roman style.
- Armin Hofmann combines knowledge and understanding on the subject form and romantic style by using the dotted line is the key element.
- Josef Muller Brockman is influencing designers until the present, particularly in Europe, the Swiss, German and Holland.